Share your funny, serious and real stories by finishing the sentence -- You Know You're a Collector When. . . Finish the Sentence
Up All Night
- You spring from bed in the middle of the night because you thought of another word to use to search for an item you are trying to find.
- —Guest BKR
You know your a collector when...
- You mention in passing that you like something and for the next 10 years on birthdays and Christmas you get related memorabilia.
- —Guest andy bee
collector of cats
- You know you're a collector when you realize that the hutch is full of ceramic cats and there is no more room for any more.
- —Guest Terri Laytham
you know you're a collector when...
- You notice you are over stocked in junk that's repeated several times, in my case shower curtain hooks!
- —Guest areli
You know you're a collector when . . .
- You have no spaces left and your husband says it's them or him.
- —Guest w.kitchen
You Know You're a Collector When...
- Your collection lives in the master bedroom, and you sleep in the West Wing!
Never too much stuff
- You get a tattoo to match your favorite china pattern and you have so much china it's taken over the linen closet.
- —Guest David Blair
You know you're a collector when..
- 1-On your way to the Delivery Room, you detour to the Hospital Gift Shop to see if they have collectables. 2- Your Wedding Registry is at an Antique Mall. 3- During the Holidays you serve Holiday dinner on paper plates, while your antique china stays neatly displayed in a china cabinet. 4- Your have more display cabinets than places to sit.
Really a collector!
- When I can't get into my closet anymore. It is filled with boxes of treasures that I collect and can't part with!
- —Guest maggie
You know you're a collector when
- You have so much "stuff" your husband offers to "help clean" via the trash can. -- Note from Barb, I can relate to this one!
- —Guest carol
Loves Those Cows
- A cow-creamer from my Grandmother (I am 83) led to many more cows...like one hundred or more and everyone sends me a birthday card with cows on it!
- —Guest barbara
I knew I was a collector---
- When I started gathering up all the crocks I found. Then all the Depression glass. then it just went on and on. This was 30 years or more ago!
- —Guest Mary Garrett
you know when...
- You have to buy more curio cabinets to hold what you now have!
- You have 119 tigger stuffed animals( I didn't purchase all of them), 80 quilts( I did purchase these), 20 aprons in your kitchen(for decoration) and 120 Longaberger baskets ( decoration for my home???right?)
- —Guest susan emig
When Collections of Things Holding....
- You are "avid collector gone amok" when you now collect things that can hold your other collections in them! Tins, baskets, & trays, pretty glass bowls, nice little wooden boxes, and large wood crates that line the garage walls! ....When you say ya' want only gifts that can hold things inside of it ~ and please don't put anything else in it...defeats the purpose! (sigh!) Another sure sign is when you do try & watch "hoarders" shows, and you see "perfectly good stuff" being tossed out, and wonder how you can get the address/location of that place!?!
- —Guest Aunt Sunny