One hundred actual wardrobe pieces and prop items from Stephen King's Rose Red movie were up for auction in January/February 2002 as a prelude to the ABC movie premiere.
Many of the items were autographed by Stephen King, and the proceeds from those items benefited The Wave Dancer Foundation, an organization that fosters the welfare, healing and recovery of disabled professionals.
- Copy of the shooting script for the ABC miniseries
is autographed on its cover by author Stephen King.
$1082./$1225. (Two auctions - a week apart)
- White cotton golf shirt with green collar and the name "J. Coffey" embroidered on the front is a back-up costume piece from the ABC miniseries.
The shirt is autographed by King, who wears the original shirt on screen during his cameo appearance as a pizza delivery man.
- Created for the character Sukeena (portrayed by Tsidii Leloka), a
headdress, an authentic screen-worn costume piece, is autographed by King.
- Autographed by King, an olive micro suede golf jacket, created for the crew.
Features a zippered placket, button cuffs, elasticized waist, deep cargo pockets,
zip-out fleece liner and a removable leather collar, as well as the "Rose Red" logo embroidered
onto the back.
- One of many prop hammers branded with "Seattle Livery and Hardware 1924",
this particular hammer has been autographed by King.
- Author King autographed a campus newspaper created as prop. This issue of "The Update" features a front-page, above-the-fold photo of cast members participating in a seance. The name of the fictitious school printed on the newspaper, Seattle State University, was changed to "Beaumont University" in the miniseries.
$986./$2126. (Two Auctions -- a week apart)