Non-Edible Gingerbread Ornaments
3/4 cup applesauce
1 cup cinammon
1 TB nutmeg
1/2 TB cloves
2 TB white household glue
- Stir all ingredients together in a glass or metal bowl until well mixed and smooth -- several minutes.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll out between two pieces of waxed paper to the thickness of a cookie.
- Cut out dough with a gingerbread cookie cutter. Use a straw to make a hole for adding ribbon later.
- Let dry on the wax paper for a few hours until easy to handle, then transfer to a wire racks to dry at room temperatures for a few days. I usually flip them over several times a day which will make them dry flatter.
- When ready to use, tie a ribbon through the hole and enjoy the wonderful smell -- but make sure no one tries to eat them.
Note: Keep out of reach of children or pets that might try and eat these!
Note: Gingerbread clip art adapted from KidsTurnCentral.com clip art gallery.