Tips for Would-Be Collectors
It can be overwhelming when starting a new collection, here are a few guidelines for beginners:
- Try to specialize at the beginning. e.g. Collect your favorite character or favorite movie theme or scene.
- Learn proper Pin Etiquette -- yes, there are proper ways to trade!
- Protect your pins in pin bags.
- Check out the pin sites online to get the latest news, meet other collectors, and compare notes.
- Enjoy your hobby by collecting what you love!
Although pins can be displayed on cork bulletin boards or a cushion board on the wall, it's best to keep them in a special pin bag. People wear them on their jackets and hats, but the sign of the true collector is displaying their pins on a lanyard worn around the neck.
It's a signal to others that you are a pin collector and open to Disney Pin trading.
If cleaning is necessary, use a slightly damp, soft cloth to wipe clean.
If you're already collecting Disney pins you probably know about the official Disney Pin Trading web site, but if not -- add it to your favorites today!
Source: Stephanie Ayers