Disney Tough Trivia Test:
Disney Online Price Guides:
Official Price Guide to Disney Collectibles by Ted Hake:
Disney Cookie Jars and Snowglobes:
A cookie jar always makes you smile, but when it's also a Disney character, a full grin will break out! Take a peek at these different jars that include antique, licensed from various companies, newer Disney Auction and store offerings, as well as pieces in the Lenox Collections.
Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse:
Robert Olszewski Miniatures:
The Disney Movie Poll:
Disney Stores, Auctions and More:
Everyone Loves Disney:
But you don't have to spend big bucks to have a great collection. Look for the newer limited edition pieces available directly from Disney stores. Disney has also licensed different vendors over the years to produce their products such as Lenox, Department 56, Harmony Kingdom, Hummels and Precious Moments are just a few that come to mind.
Before bidding at an online auction, check to make sure the item still isn't being produced before paying more than the original issue price. Many times identical items can be found on Disney or a company's web site for much less than a final auction price. People don't do their research!
And just as often the reverse is true, great bargains can be found. You just have to do your homework.
- It's always important to buy the very best example that you can find, but especially important when buying newer collectibles. It can't be stressed enough the importance of a collectible's condition.
- It's easy to get carried away, so refine your collection from the beginning. E.g. collect by character/movie or by products, such as pins or snow globes.
- Join an association or group that collects similar items. Having collecting friends is the best way to find out about what's new on the market or what might be coming up for sale.
- Learn how to take care of your stuff and how to store those pieces that are put away.
- Buy a book with good resources on fakes, reproductions and history. Hake's wrote a terrific book that should be on every collector's bookshelf.
- Look for different online venues to buy your products, don't just stick to eBay and Disney. Check spots like TIAS, Hake's and other online auctions.
- Enjoy your collecting and share your knowledge with friends and family. It's not fun being a solitary collector!