As a cookie jar collector, cookies are always a favorite topic and combining yummy Girl Scout cookies with an official jar is a great idea!
About Girl Scout Cookies:
- Muskogee, Oklahoma is famous for more than Merle Haggard's 1969 song, "Okie from Muskogee". The town was also the birthplace of Girl Scout cookies.
- The first record of Girl Scouts cookies was a service project of the Mistletoe Troop in December 1917, when they baked and sold cookies.
- In 1922 a standard recipe was provided for the Scouts to make, bake and sell cookies.
- The first commercial cookies made their debut in the 1930s.
- Three cookies were available in 1951 -- sandwich, shortbread and chocolate mints (later called thin mints).
- Today approximately 200 million boxes of cookies are sold each year.
- Eight different cookies are currently offered for the troops to sell, the original three (commercial) are still offered each year.
Also shown are vintage jars from Metlox depicting young Scouts.
Images 1-4 of 4
|I Love Girl Scout Cookies Jar||Metlox Brownie Cookie Jar||Metlox Cub Scout Cookie Jar||I Love Girl Scout Cookies Jar|
- Graphic Index
- Text Index