As a cookie jar collector, cookies are always a favorite topic and combining yummy Girl Scout cookies with an official jar is a great idea!
About Girl Scout Cookies:
- Muskogee, Oklahoma is famous for more than Merle Haggard's 1969 song, "Okie from Muskogee". The town was also the birthplace of Girl Scout cookies.
- The first record of Girl Scouts cookies was a service project of the Mistletoe Troop in December 1917, when they baked and sold cookies.
- In 1922 a standard recipe was provided for the Scouts to make, bake and sell cookies.
- The first commercial cookies made their debut in the 1930s.
- Three cookies were available in 1951 -- sandwich, shortbread and chocolate mints (later called thin mints).
- Today approximately 200 million boxes of cookies are sold each year.
- Eight different cookies are currently offered for the troops to sell, the original three (commercial) are still offered each year.
Also shown are vintage jars from Metlox depicting young Scouts.
|I Love Girl Scout Cookies Jar||Metlox Brownie Cookie Jar||Metlox Cub Scout Cookie Jar||I Love Girl Scout Cookies Jar|
- Graphic Index
- Text Index