The company - American Retro - also made a jar from the original mold, but it should be marked with the name of their company on the bottom.
- Date Produced: 1956
- Size: 10"
- Marks: W18 Brush USA
- Values: $100. - $150.
About Brush Pottery
Cookie Jars A-Z
Things to Consider:
- Please be aware that Brush Cookie jars have been widely reproduced, so it is very important that you know your seller! Check measurements and markings carefully.
- There is no such thing as a Brush-McCoy jar.
- The best investment for your cookie jar collection is a price guide or book that has markings and measurements.
- These guesstimates are for jars in excellent condition.
- Cracks, chips and paint loss will all detract from the overall value of a jar. And could, depending on the severity, devalue the jar by as much as 50%.
- A badly damaged jar is worth very little, unless it is a very rare one that is worth restoring.
- Gold trimmed jars are worth much more than plain jars.