The Bottom Line
- Great way to keep track of your video game collection
- Pricing for individual game cartridges, as well as systems
- A little more depth would be appreciated
- Book covers the most popular games of the 1980s.
- Pictures and prices are shown for each cartridge, along with a check list.
- Also includes chapters on catalogs, magazines, patches, promo items, as well as "missing merchandise"- no prices are given.
Guide Review - Classic 80s Home Video Games
Authors Robert Wicker and Jason Brassard have put together a price guide that covers the popular game systems Atari 2600; Atari 5200; Atari 7800; Coleco Vision, Intellvision, Olyssey and Vectrex. They explore the highs and lows of the video game 1980s era, explain what is known as the video game crash of 1984, as well as a video game vocabulary.
The condition glossary describes just what description terms mean and what a collector should look for in regards to the condition.
Game systems are pictured, as well as images of the individual game cartridges. Prices shown are broken down to cartridge by itself, manual by itself and complete boxed version.
- Classic 80s Home Video Games
- Publisher: Collector Books
- ISBN: 978-1-57432-573-7
- Pages: 400
- Publish Date: March 2008