Many readers think that each site is managed by a team, however, with a few exceptions, About Guide sites are the product of the work of one single individual, the guide. Writing and managing a website as complex as Collectibles is time-consuming and sometimes I either can't answer every email or don't know the answer to your particular question.
Here are some of the questions that are regularly received.
- What is my "stuff" worth?
- Sorry, but I am not a certified appraiser, just a life-long collector, so I cannot help you with values. Plus, there are so many different collectibles and variations -- that it is impossible to keep up with everything. A suggestion is to post your queries to the Collectibles forum, many other collectors will also be reading, and between us all -- perhaps we can help you figure it out
- Where can I sell my stuff?
- I wish I knew the best answer to that question. There are dozens of options for sellers, but it will take time to track them down and figure out what is best for you. My article 13 Ways to Sell Your Collection will get you started on the mission to declutter.
- If I buy "*****", is it a good investment and will it be sure to go up in value?
- I cannot stress enough, buy what you like! Unless you are very knowledgeable in the field, it is usually a big guess on what is going to be hot and what is not. So buy what makes you smile and you will not be disappointed. And if I knew that answer, I'd be rich!
- What year was this "thing" made or what can you tell me about it?
- As an example, if you collect cookie jars, the best purchase you can make is a few reference books. You can usually buy several books for the price of one jar and they are invaluable resource material. It's much easier to have a photo nearby to compare jars than trying to describe it through an email. The same thing is true for numerous other collectibles, if you can't or don't want to buy a book, visit the library.
- Why don't you link to my blog or website?
- Perhaps I do not know about it? There is an easy form to fill out - Blogs for Collectors. Fill out the form and if you have a blog or website that is a good fit, you'll be up and running with your own page in just a few days.
- How can I show off my collections?
- Glad you asked that question. I have just the spot for you to submit pictures and information about your collections. Check it out - Share Your Stuff!
- Are there other collectors around to chat with?
- Visit the Collectibles Forum and introduce yourself, tell us about your collection, what you're looking for or just come by chat.
- Still want to email me?
- If I didn't answer your question or you just have a comment or suggestion, you can email me at email@example.com. Because of the amount of email I receive, I may not be able to respond right away, but every piece of mail is read.
Note: Any emails, pictures or responses I receive might be posted on the blog or website, but senders will not be identified by name.